Find me - Follow me

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/stardust1329
Twitter - @emsky1329
Instagram - emsky1329

Friday 9 January 2015

Sometimes a girl just needs her friends

The last couple of weeks have been a bit rubbish. My boyfriend is on the other side of the world so we've gone through Christmas and New Year without each other. It's not the end of the world, but it's not been fun either. (For me anyway. He's having a whale of a time in Oz haha).

Instead of feeling lonely and sorry for myself every day, I've been doing as much as I can to keep myself occupied. However, on the odd occasion, especially when I've not heard from him for a couple days, I have been getting a bit down.

My friends have been fab. Texting, calling, getting me out of the house. Girly nights, cinema nights etc. it's been good. They've also been great when I've been gushing over how much I love and miss my boyfriend. (I don't normally do that too much, but missing him has turned me into a total softy).

Anyway... this isn't about me and my guy... this is about me and my friends.

You've been fabulous and I love you all. Friendship always comes first. A girl always needs her friends, regardless of how strong she might be.

I've been feeling a bit rubbish over work, money etc. The same things that bother other people around this time of year. But I've been positive thinking as much as possible (believe me, it doesn't happen every day) and I feel so much better. One friend in particular has helped me and I can't thank her enough. Strangely enough, I never imagined we'd actually be friends!!! We got off on completely the wrong foot when we met and now, she's been the one to ask how I am and get me out of the house etc the most. You can't ask for more than that. :)

I hope she realises how grateful I am. Sometimes, it really is the small things that can make such a big difference.












No comments:

Post a Comment