Find me - Follow me

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/stardust1329
Twitter - @emsky1329
Instagram - emsky1329

Monday 4 May 2015

Healthy nails - Finally! (Thanks to OPI)


I have always really tried to look after my nails. I don't bite them at all - although I am guilty of biting the skin around them and (if they're big enough) I pick at my cuticles too. 
I have always been very proud of my nails. I'm not the most artistic person but I do like to try new designs & colours. 
However, just recently my nails have been appalling. I can only put it down to being poorly quite a lot recently and my nails have suffered too. I've have several colds, flu's and virus' in the last 6-10 months and my body has really known about it. 

I'm finally all better and in turn, my nails are finally on the mend too. I've tried to be patient with them and have been using OPI Nail envy once every couple of weeks. They're still not perfect and they're different lengths as a couple of them broke right on the skin but they look soooo much better than they did. 


Today I've started with OPI Nail envy as a base coat and finished with it as a top coat also. I swear by this stuff. I've been using it for years. So much so that this latest bottle was actually a much appreciated Christmas Present. 


I've painted all of my nails with two coats of Carrie Underwood for Nicole by OPI (Color me Country) You can see in the pictures it's a hot pink but it's kind of subtle for a strong colour (if that makes sense). It's a hot pink but not like a Barbie pink. It's very wearable and I usually get compliments when I wear this colour. 


I've finished the look by adding Models Own in Northern Lights to both my ring fingers. This is gorgeous pink hued glitter that still shows through the OPI polish underneath. You can see the finished look below. 

Compared to what I can do, these nails are nothing special, but you have no idea how good it feels to be able to wear proper nail polish again and have my nails look good. 


That's all for today folks. Hope you all enjoyed the Bank Holiday weekend and have a good week ahead :) Ciao for now xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment