Find me - Follow me

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/stardust1329
Twitter - @emsky1329
Instagram - emsky1329

Thursday 14 January 2016

#Leanin15 - My review of the UK's Best Selling Book


Joe Wicks - The Body Coach - Lean In 15


Before and After

This is my review of the UK's best selling book of 2015/2016

The title of my Blog says it all really. This is a best selling book and its best selling for a reason. I've looked at many recipe/diet/lifestyle books and this is by far one of the best. It's very well written and easy to follow. The recipes are fantastic and none of them use super fancy food that no one has ever heard of before.



By total coincidence, my boyfriend bought this book at the same time as me and we had it delivered on the same day. We were looking through that evening and decided that the very next day we would try one of the recipes. We went for page 72. Tomato and Chorizo. Below is the result - and can I just say, we were very proud of ourselves!! It tasted fantastic. We couldn't find any Spring onion in the supermarket so we decided to use Spinach instead and it went perfectly.



The back of the book consists of some before and after photo's of normal people that have tried Joe's 90 Day SSS Plan. They all look incredible.
He also has a few pictures and instructions on HIIT workouts.

The Hiit workouts look great but they're flippin' hard work. I decided to go on Youtube and watch a proper video to do my HIIT workout. Joe Wicks does 4 rounds - I managed 3. Not too bad for my first attempt.

Yesterday I did my own version of the Italian Stallion Sausages. Unfortunately, we were too hungry and just ate it straight away before I thought about taking a picture. I used my Pampered Chef chopper to make the courgettes and onions very small rather than chunky. It tasted beautiful and I'll be recommending/doing again soon. It was a lot more a soup/stew than I imagined but that's probably due to how finely chopped the veg was. I also added about 12 Cherry Tomatoes rather than the 4 or 6 he recommends and I added some red pepper. Beautiful!

I've got the ingredients to be trying Cauliflower Cous-cous Chicken Salad, Cheesy Chorizo, Chicken & Spinach and the Goan Fish Curry. Think I'll be cooking this afternoon!!

UPDATE:



You can see the steam it's that hot!! This is plateful of Cheesy Chorizo, Chicken & Spinach. It was beautiful. I did part spinach, part kale and I didn't add any nits. Other than that, the recipe was the same. Another one that I'll happily make again!

I just need to learn to 'prep like a pro' and I'll be all sorted!!!

I hope you all enjoyed reading this post. Follow me on Instagram @emsky1329 for more food pics and ideas. 

Bye Guys xxx





















No comments:

Post a Comment